Girl injured in freak dog grooming accident, giant head suspected to be the cause

I have a pekingese named Gizmo - I know, it's an obvious choice and you would think someone who claims to be an artist would come up with a better name than Gizmo for a dog that looks like Gizmo but...he just is a Gizmo. Gizmo Lee Ewok, to be exact.



As you can see, he's a pretty furry dude. This picture was taken before he grew his adult fur so you can only imagine how much hair he has now. Being the super furry guy that he is, he has a tendency to get dreadlocks which James and I try our best to carefully comb out. James thought spending 40 bucks on this thing might be a good idea:


It's a furminator. Looks innocent enough, right?

So, sitting on the floor of the mud room, ever so carefully combing Gizzy's hair...I get up for a moment to stretch, throwing my back directly into the corner of the kitchen island, yelping in pain, launching myself forward into the refrigerator and embedding the furminator into my hand. I'm bleeding from my back and my hand, my dogs are super confused and slightly freaked out, James is trying to mask his laughter with a completely bogus look of concern and I'm trying really hard not to cry as I dig the super sharp teeth of the furminator out of my hand.

You know there's only one possible cause for this, right?

Unbalanced weight due to the freakishly large size of my head. I appreciate the kind comments and the reassurances that my head really isn't that big but I think it's clear at this point that all the kind words in the world can't disguise the truth. My giant head just leads me around and throws me into things now. Who knows what calamities lie in my future?
If you were thinking of purchasing some of my jewelry, you might want to do it now. Truth is, I just don't know how much longer I can fight my own giant head.

4 comments:

Kathleen Coy October 23, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Lol, when I read the title I thought it was caused by the DOGS giant head. Cute pup, he looks exactly like a Gizmo Lee Ewok. Hope your hand feels better soon.

Pamela Jacob October 23, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

Hillarious - very funny post - I wanted to laugh out loud...

Anonymous,  October 23, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

I admit it, I laughed at you.

Gemini October 24, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

hey there...thanks for posting where you are. this is a bohemian fan from od =) i am kinda migrating too. i like the continuity of the other site, and the sense of having "history", but i understand your reasons for not being there anymore.

peace!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP