Wanted: Head of Medusa

Due to my business being what it is (small, run from my home, handmade products) I don't really have the luxury of employees...or models. I take pictures when the sun is in the right spot and James has time to help me.
The thing is, and I'm sure I've mentioned this before...I hate having my picture taken. My insecurities rise up like a big sea monster from some bad 70's film and stomp all over me. It's a cheesy analogy, I know, but when I think of my insecurities I seem to always get images of myself battling the big sea monster from Clash of the Titans so it's appropriate.



See? My getting my picture taken insecurities are gigantic and scary.

My photo editing process takes a very long time because of this. Trust me when I tell you that you will never see a photo of me advertising my jewelry that has not been heavily photoshopped. And again, this is all very strange because I feel pretty ok with everything when I look in the mirror. It's just photo weirdness.
And today I discovered something new to worry about...

...apparently I have a giant head. I'm not really sure how I've been balancing it for so long, it's far bigger than normal heads should be:



The good news is, as disproportional as my head is to my body, there are big heads out there that put mine to shame:


Big art head ( via flickr)


Big concrete head


Big building head


Creepy giant baby head ( via flickr)

I feel better now, don't you?

5 comments:

High Desert Diva October 22, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

Ha! I have a huge head, too, but the artwork in this post makes me feel much better!

Anonymous,  October 22, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

oh gasp! I love the phoenix necklace. Although, I think that giant baby head is going to haunt me today. :P

Beth October 22, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

I have having my picture casually taken. I always look goofy.

You are beautiful in this picture and I love that necklace you have on. The giant baby head is giving me the willies, though.

Hyacynth October 22, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Oh my goodness, you are crazy! You look beautiful, and you're head is not abnormally big. Ahhh, but you made me laugh so hard Gabe looked at me like mommy was going crazy, which is always fun. :) I love the new jewlery!
Hyacynth

April October 22, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

♥You are beautiful...but we are always our own worst critic. Indeed that baby head is creepy...though it might be creepier if it were tiny...hrmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP