C'est Magnifique

The AMC channel showed "Can-Can" the other night. I'm a sucker for musicals, big poofy dresses and wide eyed 50's ingenues so I settled right in. I grew up with an older Shirley MacLaine...The Terms of Endearment/Steel Magnolias Shirley MacLaine, so imagine my surprise when I saw this gorgeous young thing:


I like Shirley MacLaine and I think she's gorgeous now but she really took my breath away in "Can-Can." She talks a little about making the movie on her own website here: http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/shirley/movies-cancan.php (there's an interesting bit about her storing her chewing gum behind Frank Sinatra's ear during scenes!)

I now think of this movie all of the time thanks to Lancome. Their new commercial with Anne Hathaway uses a modern version of the song "C'est Magnifique," which Shirley sings in Can-Can.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP