All I want for Christmas is to be able to poke fun at Gary Busey

VH-1 has a show called Celebrity Rehab...Celebrity Rehab kills me. Generally I don’t like to make fun of real people and their problems unless those real people are me, James , or people who made fun of me first. But Celebrity Rehab makes it really, really hard. I mean, on the one side, rehab is pretty serious business and you’ve gotta applaud anyone willing to take the steps to better their life. On the other hand, if you sign up for a reality t.v. show you have to know that you’re going to be portrayed as a trainwreck – it’s probably in the contract. So I’ve been doing battle in my head about openly laughing at Celebrity Rehab…like, am I a bad person if I make fun of it? Because you know I struggle with the whole being a bad person thing…or at least projecting the image of a good person so that I can con more people into liking me but whatever, same thing. Anyway… Gary Busey thinks he’s some sort of mentor sent by angels to help the other celebrities get through rehab…to get better…to get better like Gary Busey….

COME ON! I’m a bad person if I point out that that’s funny? Or that he spent an entire episode speaking to the other patients in acronyms? Or Tawny Kitaen deciding that she wants to be called Julie (her real name) and everyone awkwardly saying how cool “Julie” is while sad music plays in the background (ok, I admit it…I got a little teary the first 17 times I saw this…but after I got over the whole emotional caring about people hump I was able to enjoy the moment for what it was…pure comedic genius). So I’m struggling…walking that fine line between “this is really f#%&ing funny” and “this is totally f%$#ing inappropriate and you are a HUGE douchebag for even mentioning this with the tiniest glimmer of a smile.” It’s like snarkiness is my own addiction and this blog is rehab…only not on t.v. …and I don’t get to hang out with Gary Busey…and I’m probably never really going to be cured.



"You know what `FEAR` stands for? It stands for `False Evidence Appearing Real.` It`s the darkroom where Satan develops his negatives." – Gary Busey

10 comments:

Bunnies Bridal and More November 18, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

Gary makes me laugh so hard and those other people trying not to laugh and thinking WTF is he saying..or just shut up. Hey turn that camera off!!

Kathleen Coy November 18, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

Fear is GB's grill in that picture...yikes!

So Tawney is not her real name??? I am so disillusioned. "Julie" doing acrobatics on the hood of a classic car just isn't the same.

BTW, have you ever seen the movie "Series 7, the Contenders"? If you love/hate reality tv you will probably love/not hate this movie!!!

Anonymous,  November 18, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

I love this show. I just love hot messes I tell ya. I was really into last season too and I feel dirty saying it lol! Busey is just a nut and no rehab is going to help. I mean his brain is literally screwed up, you can't fix it.

Anonymous,  November 18, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

I am a recovering alcoholic/opiate addict. Been through detox three times and been in a rehab center once. Like a real addict.

For that reason I feel I am qualified to say this:

It is okay to laugh at these people. Laugh hard. For one, they ARE trainwrecks. No self-respecting person would actually put their rehab out on TV. It is really not pretty. I can't imagine all of the gross vomit scenes they keep from the audience of that show. If they didn't want to be laughed at, they should not have volunteered to show up on TV.

Hilarious, hilarious, hilarious.

If people can't learn to laugh at the misery in the world, misery prevails.

Plus, Gary Busey is bat-shit crazy. Bat-shit crazy are okay to laugh at.

Miragi November 18, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

I'm thinking he lost a wee bit of gray matter when he had that motorcycle accident a few years back. He never USED to be this whacked. Or Tom Cruise got ahold of him. Or Steven Baldwin.....

Yeah.

Thinking Julie just now realized what an a$$ she's made of herself over the course of her not so big career and wants a new start?

Laugh away, it is funny, and they're getting paid.

carrie November 19, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

I almost choked on my soft pretzel when I scrolled down to that picture of Gary.

Everything about that guy makes me laugh.

Creative Art and Soul November 19, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

We were flying back from our vacation the other day and I could swear that Gary Busey was sitting behind me on the plane. I secretly gasped when I saw him and he kind of smirked and gave me half a wink. I whispered to my husband that I thought GB was behind me and he turns around to look beyond a few rows (definitely not a stealthy or nonchalant move on his part), then realizes GB is directly in the seat behind me and yells out "Yep, That's Gary Busey alright!". I could have died. I was a bit disappointed that there was absolutely no drama on the flight...he was as silent as a lamb...which is scary in itself.

Unknown November 19, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

Creative Art and Soul: I'm 100% jealous! At least you remained calm. I have a tendency to make a total fool out of myself in front of celebrities. If I were anywhere near Gary Busey I'd probably shake and stutter and sweat and just look stupid.

DaniellesDesigns November 19, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

lol i love "It's the darkroom where Satan develops his negatives." That is soooo funny! to me anyway, & i'm a photographer so maybe it's not to everyone...lol

Unknown November 20, 2008 at 12:18 AM  

DaniellesDesigns: I know! I was scouting out a quote and I found that and then I remembered hearing him say it on Celebrity Rehab...it was like quote mana from heaven:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP