And the lady will have a pink ghetto blaster...

When James and I get married next year, it's going to be ridiculous. I mean, it's going to be beautiful and we're absolutely in love and tears will be shed and it's been a long time coming and all of that but also...it's going to be ridiculous. The more ridiculous elements that I can infuse our wedding with, the more excited I get. People have tried to argue with me about this. They've tried to talk "sense" into me, tried to explain to me about how weddings are serious affairs and that I shouldn't treat it like a big joke...these people don't "get it." James and I laugh a lot...we make jokes...we do ridiculous things...and no matter how many times they disappoint him, he loves the Cubs. That's our life and what better way to get married than to make it a tribute to how we live? Fortunately, most of the people that we surround ourself with do "get it." The following is a pictorial list of wedding inspiration so far (if you can think of something that's missing, by all means let me know...I have a year to plan - but no clowns. Clowns are freaky):



















See? It's going to be AMAZING!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  October 27, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

I don't really know you--yet ;) and yet I think your amazing, ridiculous wedding will be exactly perfect.

What's missing? I dunno...grapes? Maybe roller skates--they're always good for a laugh, and would complete any fine wedding ensemble you and James would choose to wear (including tin foil).

Maybe they could put some wood down on Wrigley field, and James could run (err..skate) after you around the bases, then marry you on home plate.

Or, or, or...maybe you could get married in Sweden and ABBA could sing at your wedding, dressed in foil. I'm SURE they'd look fab.

I'm with you on the clowns, though. They're scary freaky. I can't look at a clown without seeing Tim Curry in "It."

:)

Kathleen Coy October 27, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Can't go wrong with Europe. "It's the Final Countdown, da da da, da. Da da dat dat daaaa...." :-)

Rachel B October 27, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

I'm glad you included Europe in you list of inspirations. It wouldn't be complete without them. Also, you need to be sure to have a bunch of aqua net on hand for hairdo touch ups.

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy October 27, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

LOVE your wedding ideas! LOVE them! I'm so jealous - - I wish Steve and I could have pulled off something amazingly off-the-wall when we got married. But, I think there were some family member who would have totally freaked out . . . oh well . . . . .

I can see this happening - - it is just so YOU! :-)

(Does this mean that I am one of the people in your life who "gets it"????)

Anonymous,  October 27, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

don't spend too much money,save and buy a house. The money spent on weddings is ridiculous! What a waste!

Anonymous,  October 27, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Missing: Dr. Suess

Anonymous,  October 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

You can't go wrong with Abba.

Most ridiculous bride I have heard of this year is sky diving into her reception with the groom, in a giant white meringue dress. I look forward to the photos, and winning my bet on the bride's knicker choice of the day.

Anonymous,  October 27, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

I'm going to wear my rocker mullet and porkchop sideburns and when i start the ceremony I'm going to blast the boom box with a mix of Europe's Final Countdown and the beginning of When Doves Cry. It will be totally tubular!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP