Oh, Wouldn't it be Loverly?

Does anyone say lovely anymore? It's probably my very favorite adjective but every time I say it, I feel a little Mary Poppins/Holly Golightly/Eliza Doolittle -ish. Not that that's a bad thing...most people that know me well know that I'm more than slightly obsessed with the British. Anyway, my lovely week involved opening my mail to find a surprise gift:



It's soap!!! I've wanted it for a really long time and I joked once that someone should just buy it for me and someone did! My friend Rachel randomly sent me creepy doll hand soap...I opened the box and spent 5 minutes just...laughing. If you want to randomly make someone's day brighter, you can buy them this fabulous soap at Foliage.

I also found a 1949 copy of Good Housekeeping, which I purchased for 54 cents at our local Habitat for Humanity Restore. If you're a do-it yourself type person (if you're here you probably are) and you have one of these in your area, I definitely recommend checking it out. James and I bought a house this summer and were able to purchase tile, light fixtures, and drawer hardware for next to nothing. Plus, I've purchased lots of vintage frames and old books for my next art show there, also for super cheap. Anyway, my 1949 copy of Good Housekeeping is hilarious. It was so great that I called my friend Vanessa and made her join me for coffee so we could flip through it together. It was a valuable history lesson - for instance did you know that in 1949, housework was always done in skirts, ruffled aprons, and high heels? It's true. We also learned that adding a can of Campbells soup is enough seasoning for any meal. The most important thing we learned about 1949, though, is that you could never have enough quotation marks or words in italics. There didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, either. It was just "random" and "sporadic," and sometimes even confusing.

This week I also hung two paintings at Heading Om Studio - It's a yoga studio on Heading Avenue, in West Peoria and it's so beautiful and charming, I just love it. I'm super flattered that they're hanging my work there. I also have jewelry in two more stores in Peoria - The Art Guild and Co-op Records Campustown. These are two very different stores so the jewelry is very different in each location. The Art Guild has ...well, it has the more "artsy" pieces. Co-op is carrying the retro inspired jewelry AND the vintage hair flower clips. My jewelry is also still being carried at Random in Junction City so if you live in Peoria, please go check these places out. I'm hoping to have the online store back up by Monday, with brand new pieces so keep your eyes open!

So you see, it really was just a lovely week.

On a side note, you may have noticed that my blog roll is all but missing...you may be wondering if it was something you said or something you did but...it's not you, it's me. I just wasn't ready to commit to a blog roll...or I might have accidentally erased it, fixed it and then forgot to save it...because my brain is as chaotic as my studio. I promise you'll all be back soon...you have to be, I love you guys.

3 comments:

Brook October 30, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Oh my gosh!!! those soaps are sssooo freaky but SO cute at the same time... hhmmmm.... FREAKISHLY CUTE!

Rachel B October 31, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

I'm so glad you like them. I might have to buy some for myself. Mostly to freak out my relatives. They think I need professional help to get over my creepiness.

Lisa October 31, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

Those soaps are so creepy and awesome.... I must have some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP