Jeux sans frontieres

Is it just me or is Halloween kind of...fading? I had to work this year so I was locked up in an operating room for most of the day and evening. I didn't get to see any of the costumes or festivities but from what I've heard, there really weren't any. Very few kids trick or treating, not very many big parties and costumes were few and far between. It's so sad...I love costumes! To fulfill my costume jones, I did some google-ing and baby, I think I've got your costume fix:




That's Mr. Testicle. He's pretty much awesome. (original image here)




Dog as a millipede. No...seriously, you guys...dog as a millipede. I don't usually say this...actually, I've never said this, ever, even in a text message but...OMG, WTF? ( original image here)



While we're at it, how about these guys?


Because pugs just aren't ridiculous enough just being pugs.(original image here)



It's been a really, really long time since I was a kid but if I remember correctly, it was kind of tough. There was a lot of teasing and trying to fit in and freaking out over having the right shoes and whatever else could possibly turn you into an instant social outcast. I can't imagine dressing up as this would make it any easier:



(original image found here)



This next one...well, if you've got some virgin eyes, now is the time to avert them. I'd also like to say that I don't endorse, approve, disapprove, or know intimately anything about this costume. I only know what it is because my fiance used to be in a fraternity and fraternity guys know about things like this. I'm only posting it because I think it's absolutely hilarious that someone turned it into a costume:


It's called "the shocker." If you don't know what the shocker is, ask a guy who is between the ages of 25 and 35...apparently they all know. DON'T ASK A RELATIVE (seriously, like...don't ask your kid or your nephew or anything). And...well...I'm sorry. You were going to find out somehow, it's better that it comes from me, because I care about you. (image found here)

Here, this will take the edge off:



It's the Operation guy! I totally love this! (Image found here)

And even though this last one isn't a fabulous costume...

...It's somehow a fabulous costume. I'm a sucker for cute dogs and I'm a sucker for E.T. so this one wins all the way around. (original image and about a gazillion other pictures of super cute dogs in costumes found here)

If you've got some ridiculous costume pictures, I'd love to see them. I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Kathleen Coy November 1, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

No ridiculous costume pictures here, sorry.

I had to google 'the shocker.' I feel like such a nerd...

Love the E.T. dog. :-)

Unknown November 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

Oh, the first time I heard about it I blushed bright red...I'm a nerd too.

Rachel B November 2, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

Sadly, I already knew what a shocker was. I think that for me, as an adult, Halloween is sort of fading, but, I get to have fun vicariously through my kids. Getting them all dressed up and going trick or treating- and then stealing their candy, makes it fun for me even though I don't dress up or go to crazy Halloween parties anymore. Maybe next year I should organize a huge party at my place- costumes and all?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP