Titles are completely overrated

I'm super obsessed with the characters I'm painting now...they have personalities and stories and history and and and...they have whole lives! I feel like I didn't invent them so much as I stumbled upon them and have been gifted with the task of telling their story. It's a different feeling for me with painting but it's really cool and it's really exciting. I'm having a "big reveal" in January so I can't say much now other than...I'm in love.

Don't get me wrong, I love my old paintings too, it's just...I'm happier now, you know? My imagination wanders to brighter places these days.
Of course, I will always keep the paintings that helped me through the darkest times close to my heart. (I feel like "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi should be playing right now...and I totally aged myself with that statement)




3 comments:

Kathleen Coy October 20, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Way cool. I used to invent characters to draw and made up stories and histories for them, but over the years kind of got away from that with my art. Makes me want to go back and revisit some of them...

Nice post, thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous,  October 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

Jessica, do you have prints of these characters? I would LOVE to see them at the event!! Gosh, how can we incorporate this series?? I love it. Will you be at the meeting November 12th? I think you said you would, but I just wanted to drop a note and say: These are so haunting. And I hope they can come out to the event.

Gemini October 24, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

i love the daffodil one. i am going to be playing with metal sculpture this semester and looking forward to it! i am sort of afraid because i've never considered myself a traditionally creative person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP