Google + Me = Over.

I was going to write about my grill phobia today...which is not a phobia of barbecuing or Weber but rather, the fear of my teeth slowly rotting out of my head and then having to walk around with a completely effed up grill. Grill = teeth and no, I'm not sure why I refer to them as though I am Kanye West or 50 Cent...I just do. Anyway, I thought I'd do some research on grill phobia so that I could not only share my own fears but perhaps provide valuable insight on grill phobia for those of you who share this very same fear.

Google had other plans.

I started to ask Google, "Hey Google, which phobia is a fear of your teeth falling out?" only Google interrupted me. Google finished my sentence before I could get to the part about my grill and went ahead and inserted "chins."

Fear of chins? Chins? WTF Google? A zillion phobias that I might have wanted to ask about and you think, "Huh. I wonder...? I bet it's chins!"

It's called "geniophobia." People really have it. It's defined as the "irrational fear of chins," ...as though there might also be a rational version out there. Like, maybe one guy is afraid of chins for no good reason, but this other guy is afraid of chins because one time a chin leapt off of somebody's face and dug it's chin teeth into his girlfriend's jugular and he tried to pull it off and it bit his hand and he found a shovel and he was hitting it and hitting it but it just wouldn't die and it ended up killing his girlfriend only she turned into a zombie and her chin turned all freaky too...or something like that. I mean, obviously, that would induce a rational fear of chins.

Fortunately, I've never had anything like that happen to me... plus, rational thinking isn't really my thing. I do, however, have a tendency to adopt irrational fears the minute I stumble across them. So now I'm freaked out about my grill and John Travolta movies. Thanks a lot, Google.


See? It's scary, right? (If you need help for your own geniphobia, go here)

2 comments:

Kathleen Coy November 6, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

I think I have this. I've always found Reese Witherspoons chin to be mildly alarming. Doesn't make sense - she (and her chin) are as cute as a really cute button. Thank god there's a name for it, now the healing process can begin...

Jessa Russo November 8, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

Oh my gosh! You've got me laughing out loud! A rational chin phobia! So, i think I read the contest rules correctly, and all you need is my email, right? Um, ok, so here goes ... jessastadtler (at) gmail (dot) com. WORD. Thanks for making me laugh today! Oh, and I almost forgot ... HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP