Well, hello Mr. Cauliflower, you're looking well this evening!

So, there's this song by "The Killers," called "Human." I really, really like this song. Problem is, I don't really know any of the words to the song. Actually, that's not the problem - the problem is that I sing it despite the fact that I don't really know any of the words. I sing it all of the time...walking down the street, washing dishes, in my car, in the store, singing, singing, singing. I do that by kind of humming randomly and then every once in a while singing the one line that I know: "Are we human... or are we dancers?" * Also, I don't actually really know the tune of the song very well so sometimes, even though in my head I'm singing the song, in reality I'm just kind of mumbling. Now take away everything that I just told you, pretend you've never heard that song and walk by me in the grocery store...
...as I'm comparing bunches of carrots and mumbling,"Are we human...or are we dancers?" Then I hum a little tune and ask the broccoli the same thing.
Yeah. Now I'm that girl.

*Turns out it's not even dancers...it's singular - dancer...so I really don't know any of the song and I'm just a crazy person talking to vegetables.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  November 14, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

Oh my, I have to admit something.

I just snorted with laughter :)

Anonymous,  November 14, 2008 at 2:24 AM  

haha I love the veggies, thats too cute & I love that song too btw. We seriously need to get together & dance my friend:)
Have you looked at my videos? Link on my ms page. Hip hop, Ballet.

Lemme know what you think
Love ya, night veggie hehe

pauly November 14, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

I was always of the belief that the lyrics were: "Are we human...or are we denser." I must go confirm the lyrics, as my world has now been shattered.

t November 14, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

I once knocked on a watermelon because I remember my Mom said that if it was a bit hollow, it would taste better. No idea about that...but someone said "hello" when I did it. Scared the crapola out of me. It was the guy next to me. He was laughing so hard...I took off.....

Kim Bagwill November 14, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

That story made me laugh out loud and reminded me of myself singing along with my ipod. (I try to only do it by myself because I never know the words either).

Anonymous,  November 14, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

huahuahuahua
I can relate to that!!!!
the worst bit is that I sing the wrong lyrics sooo convincingly that I make people wonder it they are singing it right!!!
huahuahua!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP