Believes and Convictions*

I love/hate watching reality t.v. with James. The love comes because he actually enjoys and keeps up with some of the same (admittedly craptastic) shows that I do. We're both completely obsessed with "Rock of Love." We share a mutual disappointment in "Rock of Love - Charm School." We had really high hopes for the girls and Sharon Osbourne...unfortunately, that show just sucks. They just eliminated one of the Rock of Love trainwrecks and played taps. Taps.

Do you have any idea how bad a show has to be for me to say it sucks? Seriously...

The hate comes from him randomly deciding to mock other reality shows that I watch that he thinks are ridiculous. He's really stupid like that...you can't enjoy some reality shows and then label others as ridiculous....they're all ridiculous. You don't get to pick and choose what's "quality" reality t.v ~ there's no such thing. It's all crap and you're either all the way down here in the gutter with me and reality t.v. or you're up there on the sidewalk with your clean shoes. You don't get to have one foot in, one foot out. ( I really feel like the end of that rant deserved a "soldier!" at the end...it felt kind of drill sargent-boot campish, but in a "I'm schooling you while sitting on my butt watching t.v. and also bring me some ice cream" kind of way.)

Also, sometimes people never ask me how James and I manage to maintain such a strong and healthy relationship. I always never tell them it's due to our great communication skills and the respect that we have for each other:

James: Ooh! We should do that!
Me: Do what?
James: Start extorting money from celebrities!
Me: You're an idiot.
James: What are you doing?
Me: Staring at my nipples.
James: What?
Me: I think they look cross-eyed.
James: What's wrong with you?
Me: What's wrong with me? You just said we should extort money from celebrities!
James: Nipples can't be cross-eyed!
Me: Yes they can. They look all cross-eyed like pug eyeballs. We should both be concerned.
James: You're an idiot.


*Sometimes people mangle the english language and it's like fingernails down a chalkboard. Sometimes people mangle the english language and you think it's funny and you want to include it in your blog but there really isn't a whole lot to say about it because the sentence speaks volumes all by itself so you just take an excerpt and use it as the title for your blog post because you needed a title anyway.

Found on the internet: "After all it is money and popularity that determines what many 'stars' say, not their believes and convictions. How sad!!!!!"

Also, I like run-on sentences as much as I like ellipses. I like to think of it as creative sentence structure...thinking outside the box...or something.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  December 11, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

An ellipsis is a form of punctuation and, much like a comma or a colon, should be followed by a space.

Your refusal to add that space after ellipses drives me bonkers.

Anonymous,  December 11, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Yay!! I'm not alone in my weird convos with the bf :)

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy December 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Cross-eyed nipples.

I just snorted Diet Coke out my nose . . .

Rachel B December 12, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

freaks. and yeah i blog about every 10 minutes. : )

Scott Lackey December 12, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

HeyLola:

Thanks for following JugularAds on Twitter. I'm the Co-Founder & Strategic Director of Jugular Advertising in NYC.

Love the character/style of the post (and, damn it's funny, especially the dialogue). Want to write a guest post for our blog called Cable Marketing http://cablemarketing.blogspot.com? Check it out...Daisy Whitney, the noted new media critic, just started writing for us this week.

Some terms, unfortunately apply. We'd have to agree on the topic (marketing is important, even if it's the show and it's promo spots) and the content of the final piece, together with you.

Let me know.

Best & Happy Holidays,
Scott

Anonymous,  December 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

I just want to know if you ALWAYS sit around watching television without a shirt on. Because I can tell you 100% that if I did that? Mr. Hot would probably watch reality television with me.

He may even watch What Not to Wear.

Unknown December 12, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

I think you two have a reality TV show in you. I don't watch them though, so you're on your own there.

Anonymous,  December 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

cross eyed nipples!!
huahuahuahuahuahuahuahua...
No wonder I keep coming back here for more!
lol!
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP