Why Jesus is Jesus and James is not.

Me:  If I was Jesus, I think I would be mad at people who gave up facebook for Lent. Well, maybe not mad.  Maybe sad. Aren't you supposed to give up beef or something?
James: I'm not sure.  I think it's food of some sort.
Me:  Yeah.  If people gave up facebook instead of food for Lent and I was Jesus, I'd be all, "come on, man!  Are you serious?" and I'd probably be weeping and stuff...
James:  Not me.  If I were Jesus, I'd be so pissed off at everyone. I'd delete everyone's facebook and smite them.  With explosions.




James: That's probably another reason that I wouldn't make a very good Jesus.
Me:  Yeah, 'cause you'd just be mad all of the time about Lent and blowing stuff up.
James: Yeah, and there would be owls everywhere.
Me: What?
James: Yeah, every tree filled with hundreds of owls, all  "who cooks for you? hoo!hoo!HOO! HOO! WHOCOOKSFORYOOOOOOOOOOU!" *
Me: You can't have hundreds of owls in every tree.  They'll start dying.
James: Um...no.  Not if they're magic Jesus owls.
Me: Magic Jesus owls? Are you serious?
James: Uh-huh.  I'd make them in my own image.
Me: So if you're Jesus, you're just going to fill the world with a bunch of owls that look like you...?
James: Yep.  And blow up people's facebook accounts.
Me: You're right.  You'd make a terrible Jesus.



* It should be noted that we had this conversation while driving, and when James started talking about all of the owls in the trees and making his crazy owl noises, he got all bug eyed and crazy and started shouting "HOO!HOO!HOO!" and almost veered off the road and killed a little old lady pushing her cart of groceries across the street....with her baby granddaughter....and her puppy. Because James is a bad, bad man and also unnaturally obsessed with owls.


4 comments:

Julie Hutchinson February 23, 2012 at 5:11 AM  

I didn't realize it was Lent (there's a borrowed joke in there somewhere). Too late - had Chicken for dinner.

Rebecca Grace February 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM  

Well, James isn't going to be cast as Jesus any time soon, but if they ever film a remake of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, James would be perfect in the role of Tim the Enchanter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbrIo1p-So ;-)

Pogue February 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM  

I went to Catholic High School. You're just supposed to make a serious sacrifice for Lent. Give something up that's really tough for you to give up. In high school, many of the guys would attempt to give up that thing that high school boys do A LOT of. A LOT. For 40 days. Never made it.

karensomethingorother March 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM  

my husband is always giving up something lame for lent that won't really affect him--ie; beer or sugar in his coffee. Yeah, he's a tea drinker. Me? I give up NOTHING! Suck on that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP