More Excellent Life Coaching Advice by A Professional Expert on Life Coaching About Life


How to do Exactly the Opposite of What Everyone Expects and Have a Better Life,
by Jessica Benassi
Professional Life Coach and Expert on Figuring Stuff out about Life

Step 1:
Get a job that you're really good at.  Throw yourself into it.  Excel. Love it.  Love it so much you want to marry it.  




Step 2:
Start bringing your work home.  Spread it all over your bed, and wake up with paperclips up your nose.



Step 3:
Start dreaming about work while you sleep.  Wake up in the middle of the night screaming about wedding cakes.



Step 4:  
Without noticing, completely lose your sense of humor.



Step 5:
Only have time to eat Doritos and orange pop.  Start to turn orange.





Step 6:
Come home one night and introduce yourself to the weird guy in your living room and his 4 dogs.




Step 7:
Develop a rather obvious twitch in your eye.





Step 8:
Consider a career change.  Watch an episode of "Animal Hoarders" and think "I could do that."



Step 9:
Decide to quit your awesome job in exchange for a career in waiting tables, blogging, painting pictures, selling stuff you make, working at the bar you own and hanging out with that weird guy and his 4 dogs.



Step 10:
Put on your unicorn shirt, because life just got awesome.




The moral to this story is that you should keep your feet on the ground and your head in your dreams, unless Freddy Krueger shows up, in which case you should run away really fast and maybe think about becoming an accountant or something safe like that.

Also, don't be afraid to quit your grown up job in favor of having a life.  Having a life is nice, even if you don't have as much money. Or any money.

Also, can I have a dollar?

6 comments:

Elizabeth May 25, 2012 at 8:30 AM  

You posted! Happy dance, arms waving, stupid smile on face. Love the pictures. I wish I were as talented as you.
I've started illustrating my blog because I'm such a crappy artist, I figured I'd just make fun at my lack of talent. Will you take a peek and comment?
abouthalfabubbleoff.blogspot.com
I can only hope to be as good as you (major sucking up going on here!)

Rebecca Grace May 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM  

This is awesome, Jessica! I recently quit my grownup job in favor of having a life, too. If you decide to quit your unicorn job and do something else, might I suggest comedian and/or cartoonist. You always crack me up!

karensomethingorother May 28, 2012 at 9:27 AM  

Too funny. So funny in fact, that I laughed out loud. I particularly enjoyed the cake dream. You are a crop and paste genius.

Julie Hutchinson May 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM  

Don't you do your awesome job anymore? I was soooo jealous that you got to make wonderful fantasy days for people. But I can see how it could take over. It's art and that takes over but I want it to...bugger the husband and the kids, the dog and the guinea pigs!
Cool post, great drawings.

Tom G. May 29, 2012 at 4:06 PM  

Damn, I just drove through your town TWICE in the past week. If I'd have known that was you holding the cardboard sign on the off ramp I would have rolled down the window and given you a buck.

Erik May 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM  

Been there done that, and put together a similar post:

http://readerareadevelopment.com/2012/04/02/somebodys-got-a-case-of-the-mondays/

Quitting your job and moving to Peoria, ILL just about blows people's heads off their shoulders when you tell them your plan.

Great post! Glad to know I'm not the only one...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP