And it's not even Christmas yet!

On Monday James and I are going to see Bruce Campbell...in person...for real. This is unbelievably exciting for so many reasons. Bruce Campbell is probably best known for the Evil Dead movies. He's sort of like the king of b-movies... but maybe more like the king of camp. If you've never seen the Evil Dead movies (I know - not everyone is into campy horror) you might have seen him in the Old Spice commercials where he's crooning "Hungry Like the Wolf." He's hilarious and awesome and amazing and going to see him introduce his new movie is pretty much one of the best things that I'll do this year.

It's also great because James shares my love of Bruce Campbell. I get to go do this really great but kind of nerdy thing with somebody I love and he's just as into it as I am. (I really do love James but if Bruce Campbell asks me to run away with him and be his B-movie queen...I'm so out of here.)






P.S.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  November 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

ooooh, that's pretty SWEET! We love Bruce Campbell also, and especially Bubba Ho-tep!

Anonymous,  November 29, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Holy crap! Can you tell Bruce Campbell I said hi? Say, "David of davidcgarcia.com says 'hi.'"

Missives From Suburbia November 30, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

The Bruce Campbell comment I had lined up went completely out of my head when I read that snippet about a baby/burrito. I don't even know what to say now. I might not be able to speak for the rest of the day.

Anonymous,  November 30, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

I cant say that I knew of Bruce Campbell, but I can say that that video is AWESOME! Almost as great as the clip regarding the newborn burrito. Thanks for the laugh!! ;)

Anonymous,  November 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

I didn't know he directed movies as well!!!!
About the burrito baby... OMG!!!! lol!!!

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy November 30, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

Bruce Campbell is in Decatur quite often. We have a very historic movie theater here in town (The Avon Theater) and he comes there and speaks. We have never gone to see him, but from what I understand, he is very nice and an excellent speaker. I may have to go see him next time he is in town . . .

Anonymous,  December 3, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

lol..Geeeez, I've seen it all now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP