Voorhiesophobia?

I have about a zillion things that I could write about but all I can think about right now is the excruciating pain on the left side of my face. It's been there for about a month, although up until yesterday it was only throbbing...yesterday was when it graduated to excruciating. You're probably wondering why I didn't go to the dentist when the throbbing started...

...because I have that grill phobia that I spoke about earlier. I am always SURE that my teeth are rotting out of my head but I'm scared to death to have someone confirm this. About a month ago I was chewing some gum and part of one of my back teeth was yanked right out. I only know this happened because I then chomped down on the gum/tooth combo with one of my side teeth...the only one with a crown in it, actually. I was happily driving and singing Abba songs at the time and I'm sure quite a few people were freaked out by the girl suddenly driving crazy all over the road, screaming "Dancing Queen."

I pulled over and spit the gum out in my hand and there it was - confirmation that my teeth are indeed rotting out of my head. You'd think that since I now had confirmation that I would go ahead and go to the dentist...it's not like they were going to double confirm it or anything. But no...instead I went to Walgreens and bought some fake fillings, a gallon of mouthwash, some Ambesol, some ibuprofen and the best dental floss that money can buy. Unfortunately, fake fillings are about as useful as shoving mashed potatoes where your tooth used to be and excessive flossing doesn't make new teeth grow.

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. I'm not happy about it but my face really hurts. Ouch face trumps dental phobia.

In other news, the contest is over. The winners have been notified and first and second place have been happily claimed and paid out. I'd like to thank everyone who allowed me to bribe you into visiting my blog - there will be plenty more bribes where that one came from. Also, I now know that in addition to my geniophobia, I have dentophobia. I still haven't figured out what the fear of Jason Voorhies is called.

4 comments:

Lori November 10, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

I am loving your blog, and wanted to out myself as a reader (not that I am *anybody*) but I felt I had to wait till your contest was over to note, because I had never noted and I didn't want it to look like I only note when bribed.
No blog of my own right now, but I followed your OD link and I am happily catching up.
I guess I am just saying, you have at least one more reader than you thought!

Vanessa November 10, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

You know that I share this phobia!!! This is the scariest thing in the world! Why can't my teeth just stay clean and healthy from happy thoughts and vegetables?!? God, now I'm totally going to have nightmares tonight... I hope everything goes okay tomorrow, afterwards you should call fill me in.

Vanessa November 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Ahem. Call and fill me in.

And I totally regret and apologize for the unintentional pun.

Anonymous,  November 12, 2008 at 3:38 AM  

i have that phobia, but then i also had that excrutiating face pain when i was driving home from New Orleans. It. Was. Dreadful.
But i'm a tough girl.
i was only convinced to go to the dentist when my beloved boyrfriend said i couldn't give him a ummm oral pleasure until i had it fixed.
Not until it was better but until i got it fixed. When meant i had to go to the dentist.
And now i'm minus one tooth and up a few other things.

YAY!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP