Art and wine and rock stars and Oprah Winfrey and tears...it's like a weird cultural soup or something.

Ok, I know...I'm seriously neglectful of this blog lately. I have really, really good excuses, though. Seriously. One of them is this art opening/reception tonight. It's mine, actually. It's tonight, it's at One World (Peoria, Illinois), it's at 7:00...and there's wine. Probably people you know will be there so you won't have to spend the whole evening listening to me talking about the new season of Rock of Love...although you should, because it's AWESOME.

As expected, every member of the new cast is a complete trainwreck. There are far more cartoonishly large breasts than I would have hoped for but the ridiculousness that accompanies them more than makes up for the distraction. Brett Michaels has new hair extensions and there's something really weird going on with his make-up, but other than that, he's still the same guy we all know and love from the first 2 seasons.

My hope is that he finds his Rock of Love and then they break up real fast...I mean, I want him to be happy and love is great and all of that but for real...if there's another season I'm so there. James has given me permission, I have a push-up bra and I know how to wear fake eyelashes. Rock of Love could be even better than Oprah...

Also, the Oprah Winfrey site has a page where you can apply to be on her show for any number of things...most of them are heartwarming and sweet and touching...the only one that applies to me is something about "Is your car a cluttered, disgusting nightmare?" or something like that...my car actually is, so I might get on Oprah yet. I just have to figure out if I can somehow find a moment in getting my car cleaned out that will make me cry...I mean, obviously it's no good going on Oprah Winfrey if you're not going to cry.

P.S. I was going to post a picture of some celebrity crying on Oprah's couch but oddly enough...I couldn't find one. Don't all celebrities cry on Oprah's couch? WHERE ARE THE PICTURES????? Anyway, I got you this instead:



natalie dee
nataliedee.com
(Natalie Dee might be my favorite person that I've never met...actually, if she had a show, she'd probably rank higher than Oprah.)

5 comments:

Anonymous,  January 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

that picture you put up is way better than any celebrity crying on oprah's couch. boooyaaaah!

Erica Kelly January 5, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

i completely agree with everything you just said.

^ my obvious attempt at commenting. fail.

jeweledrabbit January 5, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

Is that a banana in your pants, or are you just happy to see me? *snort*

oobbles January 6, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

I've actually been a Toothpaste For Dinner fan for a long time, and naturally read Natalie Dee too. Her older hand drawn hamster stuff is awesome.

Oooh my word verification is purstrep. Pure Strep? Am I going to get sick from this?

Anonymous,  January 8, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

Hah. #1 I love Natalie Dee. I think I may even love her blog posts more than the comics, as sporadic as they are.
#2...omg Oprah. I started TiVo-ing Ellen, and now my TiVo thinks I should watch Oprah too so it records it for me. The other day she was all "I gained 40 pounds because I always do for other people and never do for me!" and was getting all sad and stuff. Then she started doing some working out and I learned some new techniques, and when my boyfriend came home he laughed at me because I got workout tips from Oprah. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Everything in this blog is copyright Jessica Benassi AKA Hey Lola except where I give credit to other people because obviously, that's their stuff. Don't steal my stuff. I mean, I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway, but if you're thinking about it...don't. Also, all of this nonsense is my opininion and is not supported or endorsed by Blogger or anyone ese. I mean, maybe it is, but if something I say just infuriates you, I take sole responsibility.

  © blog templates 3 column by blog templates 2008

Back to TOP